Wednesday, November 14, 2007

a brother's birthday ballad

ethan is already reaping the benefits of his sister's birthday! we celebrated caroline's special day a little early with my dad & joy last night since they are unable to be at her party this weekend. they gave caroline (and ethan) the cutest bee bop band, which is a set of musical instruments with a bug theme. yes, i approved this gift... yes, i may change my mind in two weeks when i can't get the sound of the tambourine and beating drum out of my head! anyway, both kids have already had such a blast with the instruments, and ethan is pretty impressive with his ability to drum to the beat. today, he sang the entire happy birthday song while drumming to the right beat. pretty good for less than one day's practice, wouldn't you say? so of course i had to capture this sweet brother serenading his sister on video... and of course the perfection flew out the window once the green light on my camera started blinking! but these 2 videos are pretty good, i think. watch them both all the way to the very end if you have time (they're not real long). you'll be glad you did. especially the second one. i'm still laughing pretty hard about it.





i am thankful to say that i successfully dodged the flying drumstick... boy did that catch me off guard! and let me just say that it's a good thing that caroline was asleep during this video vs. sitting beside me or she might be permanently wearing a drumstick! oh boy.

next i'll try to catch ethan shakin' it with the tambourine and jingle bells. this kid is gonna have an interesting future in the music industry.... but his audiences better beware of flying instruments!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet and cute!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those videos are great. Your brave for having the instruments. I have a tool center in my classroom and I usually make it about two weeks before I hide the hammer! :) Happy Birthday to sweet, sweet Caroline! I can't wait to see you all in January, Lord willing! :)
Christie

Anonymous said...

LOL! I never write "LOL," but this certainly deserves it! I AM laughing out loud!!!!!

Hee Hee!

What a serenade! I think the first one is hilarious although the flying stick is quite humorous! Did she really sleep through that???!

Man... your life is so much more fun than mine right now. "Boycott staring at code for 3 straight days on your computer!"