a must read article!!

i haven't talked much about politics on here, but this article is too right and too convicting to not pass along. most of you who read this blog probably already agree with what randy alcorn has to say... here's a snippet of his well-written article...
Believing what I do that the unborn are human beings in the fullest sense, to be pro-legalized-abortion is exactly equivalent to being pro-legalized-killing-of-three-year-olds. Or pro-legalized-killing-of-teenagers. Or pro-legalized-killing-of-women. Or pro-legalized-killing-of-Jews.
What would you think if a politician said "I'm not pro-rape, I'm simply prochoice about rape. And though I would not choose to rape a woman, I believe that every man should be free to rape a woman if that is his personal choice." And what would you do if that politician promised the rape lobby that if he is elected president, the "first thing I would do" is to sign legislation that would invalidate all the state laws that restrict rape in any way?
Well, I think I would say that man is pro-rape, wouldn't you? But technically, no, he is simply prochoice about rape. Well, okay. Be prochoice about whether someone should eat Mexican food or Chinese food, or cheer for the Phillies or the Rays. But don't be prochoice about whether men rape women or kill children. Because that is to be pro-rape and pro-killing.
Now, no doubt Obama supporters will think this is an outrageous analogy. And those who don't believe unborn children are really human beings would understandably feel that way. (Though, both scientifically and biblically, they are absolutely wrong.) But what about all the people who keep insisting they are prolife, that they really DO believe the unborn children are precious human beings created in God's image? If that's what you really believe, then you must accept the analogy as valid. (On what basis is it invalid unless it's because the unborn aren't really human and therefore don't have human rights?)
Is rape, despicable as it is, really worse than overpowering and tearing apart an innocent child in his mother's womb? If you are REALLY prolife, not just if you say the words "I am prolife, but there are many other issues," but I mean if you REALLY believe these are children, then the analogy to rape, kidnapping, or killing teenagers or women or Jews or African Americans is perfectly legitimate. How could it not be? Don't skim over this—seriously, I want to hear your answer.
so please pass his message on...
Do this so that innocent blood will not be shed in your land, which the LORD your God is giving you as your inheritance, and so that you will not be guilty of bloodshed. (Deuteronomy 19:10)

7 comments:
Hey Emily,
Where did you get that article from? I would like to read all it had to say. From what I read it's a very powerful message!
God be with you,
Much love,
Jennifer ><>
Oops! Sorry, I found it!! Ha ha :)
Great insights, Emily. Abortion is such a hot-button topic that I find it difficult to tread the issue with any sort of grace. The Deut. verse made me tear up!
soo good!
Wow, Em, thanks for sharing that! I didn't even know Randy Alcorn had a blog site - so now I've added it to mine.
I've got some friends I wish would read this. Mutual friends of yours and mine and I cannot for the life of me understand why they, as Christian people, would vote for Obama. It bothers me more than it should.
Anyway, thanks for speaking out for what is right! Love you!
Hey Emily,
I found an old friend's blog today and was reading a posting she did with her husband. I thought you might be interested in reading it:
http://atgrannyshouse.blogspot.com/2008/10/quadrennial-grannys-house-presidential.html
thanks for that link, jennifer! i just now got around to reading the article, and yes, i agree with her! thanks.
Post a Comment